Desire to Change the World:
Do you want to engineer the change that the world needs? As an iDCP student, you can participate in the Grand Challenge Scholars Program (GCSP) endorsed by the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) in the United States. The Grand Challenge Scholars Program comprises of five components that are designed to prepare students to be the generation that solves the grand challenges facing society in this century.
A GCSP mentor will guide you through the following program components
1. Grand Challenges Project: Working on a project related to a Grand Challenge (refer to the list below) through iDCP modules
2. Interdisciplinary Experience: Complementing engineering fundamentals with courses in other fields and work across disciplines such as public policy, business, law, ethics, human behaviour, the arts, medicine, and the sciences
3. Entrepreneurship: Translating invention to innovation and developing ventures that can benefit society
4. Global Awareness: Developing a global perspective necessary to address grand challenges and lead innovation in a global context
5. Service Learning: Developing social consciousness and bringing technical expertise to address societal needs
The program deliverables are as follows
• The GCSP Portfolio: A reflection on the work done for each of the components listed above
• Service to the GCSP Community in NUS: Support and mentor fellow scholars in GCSP, take up leadership roles in GCSP activities and inspire junior students to join GCSP. Outreach to other GCSP institutes and local pre-tertiary schools.